When you are choosing a sofa, you want to make sure that it suits you, your family, and your home. It pays to come in and test out the sofa. How does it feel to sit on? What is the fabric like? Is it supportive? Whether you have your heart set on a classic Chesterfield, an Italian leather lounge or any other sofa this article outlines some of the things to look for to make sure your new sofa is perfect for you.
- It needs to be comfy when lying and sitting
- It should feel nice when you run your hands up and down it
- Your feet should meet the floor comfortably
- The arm rest height should be good for you
- The back height should be comfortable
- Your back and body should feel supported by the sofa
- Can you snooze on it? Curl up on the sofa and see how it would feel to take a nap on it.
- Is the frame of good quality?
- Check the cushions. The cushions should mould to your shape ideally and be comfortable and durable.
- How long is the guarantee for? Quality high-end sofas should generally come with a guarantee of up to 10 years.
- Do you love the look of the sofa? Is it beautiful and will it match the décor and style of your home?
- Bear in mind the position of your home that the sofa will be located in. Natural material may fade in strong sunlight – opt for a synthetic fabric or a quality leather if your lounge will be located near a window.
- Do you have pets? Consider how easy care the fabric is to care for and what cleaning products are available for the fabric.
Always try before you buy! Although it is easy to purchase online, good furniture is simply something that must be tested.
At Valentines Furniture Bendigo we have a range of high-end sofas including Chesterfield Sofas, Stress Less furniture, and IMG.
For more information on our range of beautiful high end sofas at Valentines Furniture Bendigo contact us by email or on 03 5441 6983. We have a range of quality brands and styles including Chesterfields, IMG, Lazyboy, Moran, Molmic and Nouveau.