Keeping Your Furniture in Top Condition
When you invest in quality furniture, it pays dividends to keep it in good condition. With some regular cleaning and maintenance, it will look as good as new for many years. At Valentines Bendigo Furniture Stores we have years of experience with furniture of all types. This includes selection, care, maintenance, and upholstering. Here are our tips on caring for your fabric and leather furniture to extend your furniture’s lifespan and keep it in top shape.
• Vacuum your sofa regularly.
• Remove any stains immediately
• Do not place your furniture in direct sunlight
Use only quality products to care for your fabric furniture for best results. Avoid chemicals. Invisible protection is recommended when you first purchase the furniture. Valentines Bendigo Furniture Stores recommend Microfibre Cleaning Kit by Textile Master for regular cleaning. We also recommend that you regularly use Textile Odour Remover to keep your furniture smelling fresh.
Leather Furniture Care
Good leather sofas, recliners and other furniture look amazing. When you buy quality, they are guaranteed to stand the test of time, provided that you look after them correctly. Here are some tips for taking care of your leather furnishings.
• Use a vacuum cleaner on the furniture regularly with a soft upholstery attachment
• Regularly clean and moisturise the upholstery
• Use quality cleaning products
• Wipe up any food, drink or spills straight away so that they don’t sink into the fabric and stain it
• If the cushions are removable, rotate them regularly to even out the wear
The use of a good quality leather conditioner is recommended. This should be applied just once every 6-12 months. Also use a stain guard when you first by the furniture. Valentine’s Bendigo Furniture stores recommend easy leather care kit leather protection cream, or leather soft cleaner all by Leather Masters.
Never use detergents, solvents or abrasives on your leather. The best product for you depends on your unique type and brand of furniture. As our team about the best furniture care products for your furnishings.
Put some rules in place with your kids, your family, and the furniture.
• Avoid having sharp objects such as scissors and knives anywhere near your sofa
• Do not have your meals on the sofa
• Do not jump on the sofa – or allow children to jump on the sofa
• There should be no artwork or writing on sofas – allocate artwork to a designated area of the home
• No one should sit on sofa arms. This will help you to avoid any extra strain on the structure of the furniture and it will maintain its original shape and form.
• There should be no smoking on the furniture
Motion furniture such as recliners should have the footrest returned to the upright position when not in use. Leaving the footrest in the extended position can cause damage to the mechanism. When you first purchase your recliner, the mechanism may feel stiff. Note that this is not a fault – the recliner will loosen up with use.
If you’re looking for a professional clean of your furniture, then you can achieve this look from the products available from Valentines Furniture. Contact us for advice on how to preserve and rejuvenate your furniture with our range of Fabric and Leather furniture care products available from Valentines Furniture.
You can order your furniture care products from our online store and have them delivered or come to the furniture store and browse the products for yourself and get some helpful advice!
For information and advice about new furniture contact Valentines Furniture, or caring for your existing leather and fabric furniture, contact our Bendigo Furniture Stores sales team today.