Are you planning to renovate your house or decorate a new place? One of the first rooms to decorate is the lounge room as it is the heart of the house. If you have trouble choosing the right sized sofa because of the sea of options out there, you can rest easy. Here are six tips on how to choose the right sofa.
- Think about the size of your room: The worst thing you can do is buy a sofa that is the wrong size or shape for your lounge room. If you have a big room, you must think about how much of the room you want to cover. It is always advisable to measure your room and then find a sofa that will be the ideal size.
- Think about the orientation: A key to creating the perfect living space is positioning all the furniture in the room in such a way they make maximum impact. Think about other pieces like the coffee table, tv stand or indoor plants and then put them all together to make the ideal space to enjoy with friends and family.
- Determine the shape best suited to your space: An L-shaped sofa would be ideal for those looking to open the living space whilst a rounder piece is ideal for smaller spaces.
- Research the best materials: the ideal fabric can really make the whole space put together. Whilst it is important to find a sofa that is visually stunning, functionality is a lot more important. Don’t go for suede if you have pets or small children. On the other hand, leather is a more safer choice and stands the test of time.
- Choose the style that best compliments your décor: choosing a piece that ties in with the rest of the décor will ensure you get a more put together look rather than something that is all over the place.
- Pick a colour: If your room is of one colour then opt for a piece that is brightly colored so it stands out. If you have brightly coloured accents, then opt for a neutral shade to balance it out.